I thought I would share step-by-step photos of the creation of an art journal spread.
1. I glued down 2 strips of paper I cut from a magazine.
2. Then I punched out some circles and glued them in between the strips.
3. Because I started with warm colors I added contrast with 2 cool colored strips, and then some pieces that combine warm and cool colors to tie the composition together.
4. Then I added more paper in a ladder-like pattern on the edges of the pages. I like how the horizontal strips overlap the long vertical strips.
5. Now it was time for some doodles on the side border.
6. And some more doodles in the center of the page.
I decided to leave the center of the page as it is with lots of white space and make the side borders more complex to create a contrasting, frame-like effect.